Helmholtz Digitisation Ontology
The Helmholtz Digitisation Ontology (HDO): An ontology for the formal description of digital assets and processes, aligned to the practices and conventions of the OBO Foundry.
co-editing HDO - 1st steps:
for getting used to co-editing, and setting up our basic hierarchies in HDO:
- claim some terms and set up an issue like this one
- start a merge request based on that issue like this one
- git pull the latest version of the main branch and then checkout your branch in your local repo
- Open up hdo-edit.owl in Protege
- Go through your self-assigned terms and add their parent class (should be in the genus of the definition) in the SubClass Of field.
- If the definition is not clear or unsettled, then leave the class without a SubClass Of entry and change the has curation status field to requires discussion (in the IRI Editor, that's http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/IAO_0000428)
- Save, git add-commit-push your changes (results would look like this) to your branch and then we'll merge stuff in on Tuesday.